Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday Training Update

I'm going to start with the Marine Corps 10k, since it set the tone for the whole week, and I haven't really talked about it yet.



My foot had been achey all week, and by mile 2 I knew something was wrong. I was already so frustrated that I couldn't run the marathon and this was such a tough pill to swallow. My new kicks weren't broken in, and never will be. They annihilated my feet, y'all. I could barely walk afterwards, but I managed to finish!



I limped around for days afterward, it feels a lot like plantar fasciitis, so I bought inserts and ordered new kicks and I've been sleeping with the foot brace on. It's feeling a lot better but not at 100%.

Monday was a travel day. I limped around for about a mile with my friends before we left DC but that's about it.



Tuesday I basically sat on my butt and rested my foot. There may have been Hallmark Christmas movies involved.



Wednesday I started the day teaching Yoga, and then it was mostly all about Halloween. I did go see the original Shining movie during the matinee!

Thursday I was feeling sick, so another day on the couch for me!



Friday was errand day, but I squeezed in a 35 minute Barre class on Class Pass Live plus I taught yoga that night!



Saturday was the Charlotte 5k. Even with the PF I pulled out my fastest 5k in 2 years! Woohoo!



I probably walked another 3 miles afterwards while spectating the marathon!



Sunday we did a lot of walking at the Fall Festival in town.



Not really the greatest week, but I made the best of a bad situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment