Friday, November 23, 2018

Millbridge Turkey Trot

When I found out that the neighborhood next to mine hosted a Turkey Trot, I was all about it! Two years ago, the Trot I did was 45 minutes away, last year was 25 minutes away. This one was 2 miles away! Winning!



I left for the race a bit early so I could drop some books at their little free library and get situated before the race started.



I hung out with some friends before the start, and they started pretty much on time.



It was mostly neighborhood peeps, many carrying dogs, and lots of kids. It was awesome.

I had no goals in mind, just a 4 mile training run.



Mile one was just under 13 minutes. What? Yikes, that won't last. Between the PF and my slow pace lately, it had to be a fluke.



So hilly. Omg. But at mile 2...



Santa, I know him! He was on a downhill, so obviously a selfie was in order.

More hills. Luckily the last half mile was downhill!

My final time?



Omg I cannot believe I maintained that pace!





They had mimosas at the finish, but no water on the course. That kind of annoyed me, it is easy to get dehydrated in the cold weather!



I came home and checked, and it was my fastest time in 3 years! The last time I ran this distance faster was 2015! Wow!

Happy Black Friday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment