Thursday, November 8, 2018

Planning my 2019 Achievement Board

Way back in December 2012 I was watching a Christmas Movie based on Little Women, but modernized. In the movie, Meg gave Jo a chart for her goals, which looked like a giant flower or something similar. Each section had a goal in it, and when she met that goal she could color in the section.
How cool is that?
And so my first Achievement Board was born.



I filled it with goals and colored them as I met them, adding more as the year went on. I knew I might not reach them all, and that was ok. Each colored in section was a victory!

In late 2013, I heard about the One Word movement, where you choose one word to live your year by. I loved this idea and have been using it ever since.











I've colored in sections, probably on all of them, after these pics were taken. I love thinking of a word or phrase each year.

I've been thinking the last couple of weeks about my 2019 word. I wanted it to be along the lines of my goals this year of doing scary things and hard things, but too many of the words were similar to ones I've already used.

I knew that it would come to me if I was patient. I am not patient. But anyway.

Today, on my glorious Fall run, a song came on.





A couple of years back, my daughter made me a plaque out of the lyrics, and every time it comes on, I tear up thinking about it.



How perfect is this?
My phrase for 2019 will be

TRY EVERYTHING
(Even though I could fail)

Have you ever chosen a One Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment