Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I'm Gonna Tri.... Help!

I finally did it, I pulled the trigger and registered for a triathlon! Holy heck!



Some friends did this event last year and raved about it, so I decided to give it a tri! I am terrified.



Funny how I can run marathons, but getting in the water freaks me out. The good news is that this event is newbie friendly. The swim takes place in a pool and it's 250 yards, followed by a 9 mile ride and a 2 mile run.



So, these are my questions for you a

What kind of goggles are best? I am not going to be sticking my face in the water but I don't want my eyes getting all messed up either. I will need goggles to protect them!
Should I get a swim cap? Why do people wear swim caps?
I will be riding a basic bike, nothing fancy. Anything a newbie triathlete might want to consider?
I am getting my gear from www.skirtsports.com as soon as they come out. They will be having a triathlon outfit released soon. Once I know what it includes, I'll post again!

Training begins on June 26, although once our pool opens in May, I will start swimming. Suggestions on how to track laps?

This hopeless newbie thanks you all in advance for any suggestions!

posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

  1. I have never done a tri before (I hate swimming!!) but I have followed Swim Bike Mom on Facebook for years. She has a lot of great articles for beginners and her book is great as well. Between the book and her site, It goes over everything you could ever need to know about being a newbie triathlete. Check her out if you haven't already done so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I have many friends who tri and LOVE IT!! No bathing suits in public for me LOL Plus the bike part just isnt fun for me. I have been thinking of a relay one so I can just run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im getting tri shorts and shirt from Skirt Sports, so no bathing suit but still tighter than I would like lol

      Delete