Monday, February 13, 2017

2017 Goals.... Update

If you've been following my blog for the last few years, you know that I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I have always felt that they set us up for failure. Instead, I make lots of small goals for the whole year, and add or amend them along the way.



Redemption is my word for 2017. I felt that 2016 was more a year of survival. We moved to a new state, had to make new friends and adjust to a completely new way of life. New jobs, new struggles. NYC didn't go the way I'd hoped either.
I set some goals that were fitness, health, and lifestyle related. Once I reach those goals I color them in, and add a new one if necessary.
Goals I met so far:
3000 Instagram followers. I added a new goal to reach 3,250.
500 Days logged on My Fitness Pal. I added a new one to reach 750 days. This will take almost all year. I better not miss a day now!
Beat a 53:23 Four Miler. I beat this last weekend at the Big Game Four Miler. I will not amend this goal because I'm not aiming for speed right now. I set this goal before I started coaching, and I'm not optimistic that I'll be beating any of last year's race times any more.
Goals I had but didn't write down:
I will be adding this and coloring it in today. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't add it because I never imagined it would happen. What is it? Getting paid to coach runners!
I will also be adding a goal of doing yoga 30 days in a row.
The hubs and I were talking about how expensive yoga class is here, and he thinks I should get certified so I can offer inexpensive yoga classes. I'm still on the fence, but leaning hard!

Another long term challenge I have is part of a group I belong to. Challenge 2017 with Jenny Hadfield. It's a year long challenge to exercise 30 minutes a day. For each day that you fit in 30 minutes, you get a point towards a state....



Each state is worth a different amount of points. I am starting on the West Coast and working my way east, but some are starting with the smallest values and jumping around. In the end, it all adds up the same.

Do you have any goals this year, big or small?
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment