Sunday, August 18, 2013

Biggest Loser Expo


Let me start off by saying that I am blogging for the first time from my iPhone, so forgive any errors I make! I just discovered the app, which has me super excited! It is a long drive home and now I have something fun to do!

Friday morning, the hubs and I got up super early to start the 8+ hour drive to Erie, PA for the Biggest Loser RunWalk Half Marathon weekend! I am such a huge fan of this show, and I have been fangirling for weeks about this race! I am attending as a Guest Blogger, so that has me even more excited! 
We passed the area my parents live in, so we met them for breakfast at Perkins in Bloomsburg, PA for a nice break in the drive! I took a lot of pics of the scenery, although it was not very exciting! 
We arrived in Erie at around 3:00 and checked into the Hilton Garden Inn. We love Hilton's hotels and try to stay as often as possible. This stay was free, since we had lots of points saved up! 
After we checked in, we drove right to he Expo at the Bayfront Convention Hall on Presque Isle.
It sat right on the lake and the views were amazing! We parked right away with minimal discomfort and headed inside.

After waiting on a long line to sign the waiver, we moved into the Expo. The room was smallish, and they had a few tables, but it was mostly a packet pickup and seminar area. They were holding a class about stretching when we get there. 

After I got my bib and backpack, I headed to the Solutions desk. As a Guest Blogger, I was promised a refund on my registration and some bonus swag  at bib pickup, but there was none waiting for me.
Turns out, the woman who made the promises was no longer with the company! Ugh! The girl at Solutions handed me a tech shirt (I was promised several) and said to email her after the race about the refund. The hubs was not satisfied and went to look for someone on charge. In minutes, I had a second tee and my refund. 

Much better! It was very stuffy in the room, so we went out to see the view. 

Gorgeous!
We went to dinner at Olive Garden for some carb loading and then decided to see Erie's Festival. Unfortunately, we got there too late. All of the stands were closed and it was not very exciting.
Bummer!
What to do now? Check out parking and travel times back at Presque Isle!


They were starting to set up, which added to the excitement!
All in all a great day! I did not get to meet Dan and Jackie, since they were not at the expo until later that night, although I did stalk his bus at the expo.....

That's not creepy. Right?

More later about race day! I have not run more than 7 miles since May, so this could get ugly!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hope you have a great race!

    Sorry that you had a had time getting what you were promised. Communication breakdowns are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It was frustrating, but at least it ended mostly the way I wanted it to!

      Delete