Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snowflakes 5K and Premier Protein Review

Today I ran my Snowflakes 5K, a Virtual Race run by my good friend Sandra at FUNd Run for Bling. Sandra hosts *amazing* virtual races, the medals are always adorable, and she has them running every month! She uses them to fundraise for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, a great cause! Check out her facebook page! This race, we even got a cute running tattoo! I will have to wear it to my next big race!
Today's run was an easy 5K, it was a little brisk outside, and I started out too fast, which burned my lungs, but I got it done! This is week 24 of Marathon training, can you believe it?!?

 
 
A month or so ago, Premiere Protein offered me a box of goodies for following them on Twitter. I was so excited to get the box, not knowing what to expect, I thought maybe a bar or two and a shake.

My son was excited, too. He loves opening my boxes, he has quite a knife collection and uses a different one every time I get a box! For this one he used a dagger, lol. Crazy kid!
The box included 4 shakes and 6 bars. WOW!
I never even got to try the shakes. The hubs found them and drank them all! What?!? He said they were really good, lol. Next time I need to hide this stuff!
I took the bars on my long runs with me one at a time. First I tried the Double Chocolate Crunch. YUM! I could only eat half tho, they are crazy filling! The Chocolate Peanut Butter was my fave by far, altho Yogurt Peanut Crunch was also really good! I saved the second half for another run, they are SO big!
I love how much protein you get in these, 30 grams per bar! Perfect for a recovery snack! I will definitely be using these in 2013 when I train for my 13 Halfs in 2013!!

Premier Protein provided me with these free of charge, I was not required to write a review, good or bad. All opinions are my own :)


What is your favorite recovery snack?
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that you run all these virtual races, it's such a great motivation and get out there all the time! Once my IT band is all healed, I think I'll join you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kristy! I LOVE getting the bling, and having a reason to run! I have so much bling now, tho, that I have to start picking favorites to hang up!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. isn't it great! I have a Half Marathon one as well,which I earned last week!

      Delete
  3. I am loving the virtual races too!! I just hope my medals come soon!

    I always drink dark chocolate almond milk after I run...SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try that! I am lactose intolerant, so I can't drink Chocolate milk!

      Delete