Friday, December 28, 2012

My Confession

Hello, my name is Kim, and I blew a snot rocket on my last two cold-weather runs.

Have you ever done this? I have been running for over a year now, and I always swore I would never ever ever do it. It seems so gross! I would just snarf it up and deal with the cough later. I was always jealous of people who could do it at races. I could just never bring myself to do it.
What's a snot rocket, some might ask? I found this fabulous pic at Bike radar:

Sexy, right? I know. All the boys are gonna want me now!
I have to admit, I was oddly proud of myself for pulling it off. I hardly didn't get any on me, and I had a nice clear nose instead of a stuffy one. Yay me.
What brought on this change in feeling about the snot rocket, you might ask? DISNEY!! The Marathon is almost 2 weeks away, and we leave in 13 days. 13 DAYS!! Holy heck! I am SO not getting sick for this, and if that means blowing snot out of my nose while I run, so be it!
Sad, but true. And with runs like this:


I might have to do it again. A few times.
Am I still grossed out? YES! 
However..
I feel like I have joined a sisterhood, if you will. I have read about these things in my running books, so I know that people do it. I have missed being hit by rockets at races by mere inches. 
And now.
Now I am one of them.
And I stand proud!

Have you ever blown a snot rocket? Come on, don't be shy! Admit it, and join the sisterhood! The Sisterhood of the Snot Rockets!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I've never done it successfully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No on the blowing my own snot rocket, yes on the thinking I totally would if the opportunity arose-- here's to kick a*# girls and the snot we blow. hah. love it!

    I made it my silly little goal to stop by to follow and say "hey" to every mom on the Bloggy Mom December link up. It's a bit insane but I'm glad to have discovered many a sweet blog. We are such an amazing resource, we moms.

    If you'd like we're gathering for An Aloha Affair , a sweet sharing of joy and a meaningful sort of growing together. Come grow with us.

    Happy New Year to You and Yours.
    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nicole, I will be visiting your page today!

      Delete
  3. I love that you dedicated a blog post to this!! Lol! I never have, but totally would, if I needed too! Knowing me, I would come up short though! Ewww...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks! Practice makes perfect, and there is a lot of motivation to get it right lol

      Delete