Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nominated For a Liebster Blog Award!!!

What a wonderful end to one of those typical less-than-perfect days! Yesterday, my fellow Elf4Health buddy, Kristy, from Kristy's Health Revolution nominated me for a Liebster Award. Hooray! Thank you, Kristy!!! I have seen many of my blogger friends receive this award, and to be inlcuded among them makes me very happy!
What is the Liebster Award, you might ask? I know I did, the first time I saw it! Liebster is German for "dearest", which I just love, because I am part German! It is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers as a way to spread the "new blogger" love!


Of course, with any award, there are guidelines! I must
  • answer 11 questions set forth by my nominator!
  • Write 11 random facts about myself
  • Write 11 questions of my own for
  • 11 new nominees!
Am I sensing a trend here? I wonder where the 11 came from? Interesting.....

SO
11 random facts about me?
  1. I have 2 dogs, one is "mine" (A Shitzu Poodle mix named Nugget) and one is "the hubs" (a Cardigan Corgi named Memphis, pictured above)
  2. I am totally addicted to chocolate
  3. I work in a Special Education classroom , with Autistic children, as a paraprofessional
  4. I am studying with NASM to become a Personal Trainer
  5. I was once the inside and back cover "model" on a Collage Video Catalog, and won $100 in free DVDs from their catalog as a prize!
  6. I am running at least 13 Half Marathons in 2013, and have registered for 7 already!
  7. I have only been running since August 2011
  8. My hubby and I met in 1987, but didn't start dating until 1992
  9. I once met Joe Pesci. I was not impressed.
  10. I also met Richie Sambora. I *was* impressed. Then. His choices lately do not impress me.
  11. I live in a town that Sandy destroyed. I have survivor's guilt, many of my friends sustained crazy damage. Our food spoiled, and that was about it.
 
And now for Kristy's questions:
 
1) What's your favorite movie? I have so many, but my fave is actually a mini-series: Pride and Prejudice. It is my go-to feel-like-crap, lay on the couch all day, movie! I love me some Mr. Darcy! ::::swoon:::::

2) What is the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery? Pay off the Hubs' Law School loans! They weigh on us like crazy, I would love for them to just disappear!
3) Do you have any pets? lol I totally answered this one above! ooops! Here is my Nugget:

4) What's your favorite food? Cupcakes! OMG they are the greatest invention ever. Especially Red Velvet or Carrot Cake. YUM!
5) If you could have one super power, what would it be? Speed! Over a year of running, and I am still so slow! How great would it be, to be able to run fast!
6) What's your favorite cartoon? Smurfs! The original hokey Smurfs. I used to use Smurfy as an adjective in every sentence as a kid, and I still have a bunch of those lil figurines! Sad, but true!

7) Why did you start a blog? I started for accountability. I was about to start training for my first half, and I wanted to be sure I didn't bail, so I started blogging. What a great gift to myself, I have met so many amazing women (and even some men) on this journey!
8) You have a holiday party tomorrow at work. What's your go-to potluck dish to bring? I am the worst when it comes to this! I will go out and buy something, usually, as I am not a great cook at all! Summer parties tho, I will make a giant sugar cookie and smooth whip cream over it and make a flag pattern with strawberries and blueberries. yum!
9) Name one song that makes you want to immediately get up and dance? Call Me Maybe, sad but true. It is so horrid and yet so catchy all at once!
10) What's your favorite Saturday morning activity? getting bagels with the hubs and walking the dogs to the dry cleaners. It is so chill and calm and normal after a crazy week at school (and they are all crazy weeks, never a dull moment!)
11) What is the one thing you'd like to do with your blog in the next year? I had a few companies contact me to review their products, and would *love* to have even more! I am always envious of those who get to review such amazing big-name items! I wanna play with the big girls in 2013 ;)
 
 
My 11 Questions, with a Christmas Flair in honor of the week I was nominated:
 
 
1. What is your favorite Holiday movie?
 
2. What is your favorite Holiday song?
 
3. Who is your favorite Holiday character?
 
4. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
 
5. What is your favorite ornament? Why?
 
6. Is your Christmas tree live, or artificial?
 
7. Garland: yay or nay?
 
8. Star? or Angel?
 
9. Tinsel: yay or nay?
 
10. Do you hang candy canes on your tree?
 
11. What color are your Christmas tree lights?
 
 
My nominees: (I apologize if you have been nominated already! It is so hard to keep track!)
 
1. Gigi at Running on Candy
 
 
3. Melissa at My Peach Life
 
 
5. Julia at Fit Hourglass
 
 
 
8. Nicole at Being Messy Beautiful
 
9. Melissa at The Melissa Chronicles
 
10. Sarah at Mom Running on Empty
 
11. Gina at Noshing on Asphalt
 
 
Who are some of the bloggers that inspire you?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

  •  



  • 10 comments:

    1. Great post Kim! Your dogs are adorable.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awwwwwwe thank you so much!!! <3

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you so much!! I liked finding out more about you! I'm also running at least 13 half's next year. I haven't signed up for any yet though. I need too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. girl, get busy! Do you have any on your wish list at least? I have so many that I want to run, but are too far away! Disney and Erie are so far away, I want to try and stay closer to home for the rest!

        Delete
    4. Great first post that I read on your blog and now know more about you then i probably should ;)
      I think you guys are talking me into this 13 in 13 thing!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. lol Stacey, and you should totally go for the 13 in 13! There are so many choices, you can even do 13 various races!

        Delete
    5. Love your blog!

      http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete