Monday, December 3, 2012

Barking Mad Virtual Half Marathon

I am hosting a new Virtual Race, in honor of my (Half) Marathon for the Cure to raise money for Susan G Komen! I will be running the Rock n Roll USA Half in Washington DC this March, as my chosen race.
How does a Virtual Race work?
You walk, run, bike, crawl at any time during the month of February. You can do it all at once, or a little at a time, as long as it totals 13.1 miles by the time you are done!
 For a $20 donation ($15 goes to Komen, and $5 defrays the cost of the medal and shipping) you can take part! You can send it via paypal, using kimmiepcft@hotmail.com or you can mail me a check! If you would like to mail a check, email me and I will give you my address.
My last Virtual Race for Komen had 100 racers and I raised over $1500 for Komen. I would LOVE to raise more this time!
Come visit the facebook Event Page and you can also visit my Personal Fundraising Page here to see your name on the roll call after you donate (this can take up to 3 days, or longer if you mail a check).
Oh, wait! Do you want to see the medal? Of course you do!


It SPINS!!!!!!! I love it! The back will say Barking Mad Virtual Half February 2013 (or something very close if I am restricted by space). Isn't it pretty?!?!?!?!
There will also be prizes! For every 10 people that register, I will add something to the drawing, which will be held on February 16. This is exactly one month before my race. You can register after that date, but you will miss the drawing. So far I have 3 Running Happy Breast Cancer headbands, Runner Girl decals,  Komen tech tank top, Komen baseball cap, and a DPI Tank top! I will add more prizes every tenth registered racer! I have 54 racers already!
I hope I didn't leave anything out! Please ask any questions you may have!


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Rosanna! Once I hit 10 registered runners, I will add a pic to this page of the prize I will raffle off in February. For every 10 runners I will add another prize! They are already in the works, and they are great!

      Delete
  2. Are you tracking finishers/having them report back times?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Racers can report their times or post pics on the facebook event page, but I pretty much just count on the honor system :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds perfect! I'm looking for a half a month and this will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to joining in on the fun. Training for my first full marathon on March so this will help keep me motivated for at least one weekend when I have to stay close to home in February (since we can't always travel to run). And I love how you are connecting it to your race and having $$$ go to such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, and giid luck with your marathon training!

      Delete
  5. I'd like to participate....how do I sign up? Also, is it okay that I no longer use Facebook? Thanks for any info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email me at kimmiepcft@hotmail.com and I can give you mailing address, or you can paypal me at that email. Facebook is not required :) Thanks!

      Delete