Monday, January 16, 2012

Starting week 3

Run like hell and get the agony over with.
--Clarence DeMar

OUCH!
That is the word of the day today. I had a 45 minute run, which I thought would be easy after running 60 minutes on Saturday. Not 10 minutes into the run my shins started to hurt. Very tight, hot pain. UGH! I tried altering my gait, but that just made my arch flare up again, so I slowed down, stretched my shins and started back up. It wasn't until halfway through that the pain finally stopped. I got in 3.5 miles which isn't terrible, but it really did damage to my ego.

Now the questions start. Can I really do this? I can't get through 45 minutes, how will I run for over 2 hours? Of course I know that I *can* do this. I walked 26 miles in one day, I can certainly run 13.
This will be my mantra now, whenever I have self doubt. If I can walk 26, I can run 13.

I decided that I am going to get a tattoo after I finish my first half. A small 13.1 somewhere, not entirely sure where yet. I think it is appropriate.  A life changing event deserves a permanent reminder, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment