Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Perfect!

You're so mean, When you talk 
 about yourself, you were wrong
 Change the voices  in your head
Make them like you instead
 So complicated, look how we all make it!
Filled with so much hatred... such a tired game
 It's enough! I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons,
 I've seen you do the same.

I love that song, it is so true of many of us, I bet!
Today was a long run, 60 minutes. Beautiful 50ish day, so I ran outside. My route had 2 bridges, and that second one slayed me! My first mile was fast, about 10:30 which was probably a mistake. Then came bridge number one, then bridge #2. I was still making good time but my legs were getting tired.

The route wasn't super safe, and i won't be using it again. No shoulder in a few places, egad!
I passed a shrine to a young man who died on Jordan Road which was sad. Definitely one of my least favorite things! Running past it, you get a good look, not like when you drive past in the car. Such a sad thing!

I was hoping to make it an even 5 miles,  but it ended up being 4.8 which is fine by me. There were more than a few places I slowed down for safety, so it is all good in the end! I broke the 50 mile mark for the month with this run, never thought I would run that many miles in one month!

Wore me out, I am off to chill until Biggest Loser comes on!


No comments:

Post a Comment