Saturday, January 14, 2012

I survived the "Dreadmill"

Hey, you, over there
Keep the l up-up in the air
Hey, you, over there
Keep the l up, 'cause i don't care
You can throw your sticks, and you can throw your stones
Like a rocket, just watch me go
Yeah, l-o-s-e-r
I can only be who i are

I love this song! It came on during my 1 hour torture session and it really pepped up my step! The geek anthem of the world!
Today was my one hour run, I did just over 5 miles, but I really had to dial it up at the end, I literally just squeaked by. It is very hot up there where the treadmills are (I know, I say that over and over but it really does need to be repeated...repeatedly) so I slow down to 4 mph to drink every 10 minutes. I had to play catch up at the end and run at just over an 11 minute mile to finish it up.
It was only my second time running that long so it felt so great to finish! My arch hardly bothered me at all, a second bonus! I did the Veterans Day 11K (a solo event, none of the biggies were close enough) but I half ran/half walked, so it isn't the same!
I joined a team for the NJ Half, currently called Team Cancer Concern, although there is talk of finding something catchier. I committed to raising $1000, so I am dedicating the BINGO Silent Auction to them. we raised close to $2000 last year I think, so it shouldn't be a problem!
Two weeks done! This week I have a 45 min, 50 min, 40 min, 70 minute week. Crossing my fingers that I can run at least the 70 outside!



No comments:

Post a Comment