Thursday, July 12, 2018

Speedy Races with HOVR Sonic by Under Armour

I received a pair of Under Armour HOVR Sonics as part of being a BibRave Pro (Ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews!

Awhile back, my friend Lissa told me that every time she wore her new kicks she ran faster. This felt like fake news to me, but I figured if it worked for her, then who was I to disagree?

When the opportunity to try them out came my way, my first instinct was to say no thank you. I was just getting used to my newest kicks (after my strained tendon debacle) and I was wary of trying anything new. Then I decided I had nothing to lose.



I've been wearing them for a few months now, only on shorter runs, since I'm still nervous about my stupid foot. They are super comfy and I've never had any reason to think that they would cause any injury. I'm just a nervous Nellie.



Lissa and I even went twinning at a Run to Remember in May!



I even brought them on a beach trip and ran along the ocean in them. They felt amazing! I felt like I could run all day!



The ultimate test was race day on Independence Day. I ran a Charlotte race, all hills, and I'm not gonna lie... I was having a super speedy day. Lissa might be on to something!



I'm not pulling out any age group wins like she is, but I'm definitely enjoying the lightness and flexibility of these shoes!

So let's talk about the specs!

This is not the connected version so I cannot speak to that version. You can get them at the website, if you're a total tech geek!

  • They have a zero gravity feel that eliminates impact, which has been great for my feet!
  • Ventilates mid foot panel allows for breathability!
  • The tongue is attached to the footbed, the stretchable support wings maintain a snug fit!
  • The sock liner is removable and is anti microbial.
  • Blown rubber under the forefoot is super light weight, but also responsive
  • Each shoe weighs 8 ounces!

  • I feel like it fit like any other running shoe as far as size goes.

If you opt for the Connected version, the technology will track, analyze and store all kinds of running metrics to help you improve your run! It connects to your phone and works with the free MapMyRun app!



I'm definitely keeping these in my training shoe cycle. Maybe I'll buy blue next time....

What color would you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment