Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Facing My Fears 2018, Spin Class edition

I know, I know, Spin Class is a ridiculous thing to be afraid of. For me, it is more intimidation, although I definitely had anxiety about a few things.



I arrived a little early and got all set up with my water bottle and towel. I didn't know if the bike was set up properly, but it felt ok. The instructor came in and greeted all the regulars but never asked about newbies, which is what usually happens in other classes at my gym.
Gulp.



She turned off the lights, turned on the music, and started speaking gibberish. Weird numbers and letters and words. My stress level was high but I decided to just keep doing my best.

After about 10 minutes the instructor came over and adjusted my bike and everything felt a lot better. I still have no idea what the gibberish is but I managed to keep up and totally shred my quads. I also have a very special sore spot on my butt cheeks.

The workout was really hard and some of my fears were realized.... but also reconciled as well, if that makes sense.

I will definitely go back, although not next week because I will be recovering from the Scream Half Marathon and my legs won't be able to handle it.
My run the next day was destroyed so I will have to prepare for that in the future. I realize that I will improve with practice, and my runs will improve as well.



I was way more nervous than I needed to be. I did pretty well for a newbie and I managed to walk down the stairs afterwards without crashing and burning, which felt like a huge feat.

Were you ever nervous or scared about something that turned out to be no big deal?

2 comments:

  1. I am BEYOND jealous that you are doing the scream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will see how jealous you are after I'm done and dying lol

    ReplyDelete