Monday, December 19, 2016

Training Plan for the Maine Coast Marathon Half #bibravepro

Disclaimer.... I received free entry into the Maine Coast Marathon Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out www.BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews.


I am obsessed with Maine. We went to Maine quite a few times when I was a kid, always camping, and when my kids were old enough we went back with them. Of course, the hubs doesn't camp, but we still had fun.
A couple of years ago, I did a half marathon in Portland. The hubs came with me and we had a great time! Ever since, we have talked about going back, so when my peeps at BibRave asked if anyone wanted to run the race I jumped right on board.
Well, first I confirmed that I could run the half instead of the full.
Then I jumped right on board.



Let's be real, who wouldn't want to run here? Last night, while I was stalking the Cowboys game (Go Giants!) I wrote up my plan of attack. I might still tweak it some, but I have a few weeks before I have to worry about that!



I have to admit, I am way less scared of running in Maine this time around. I was living at the very flat Jersey Shore last time and those hills killed me. The views were amazing. But the hills! Oh my heck!
This time I will be way more prepared. South Carolina is super hilly, so every time I run am hill training.
I did look up the elevation chart. A girl should always be prepared.



Whew! I run bigger hills here! And look at all that water I will be running past! The views are going to be amazing! Now I have to decide whether I run for time or just take a ton of pics and have fun on the course!

What would you do?

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment