Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday Training Update

I'm finally getting into some what of a workout groove. It's been super rainy here, and I'm either suffering allergies or catching a cold, so I did set some limits, but I'm confident in my ability to finish the Disney Marathon without falling over first!

Thursday I did a 7 mile training run, and I can't remember if I mentioned it in my last update. It was a great run, and I felt good when I finished it, which is always important. Coming back from recovery is hard, especially with a marathon looming! We plan to walk parts of it, but still, I need to get my mileage back up before race days



Friday was a recovery day.

Saturday was the Reindeer Romp 5k and I also hiked with the boys...





Sunday was another rest day. That 2 mile hike did me in. Our trails are hilly, y'all.

Monday was when I started feeling the cold or allergies coming on. It was super rainy all week, and I felt yucky all week. I still feel yucky. Stupid weather.

Wednesday I finally got out there and ran some miles. My shin was tight but I planned easy miles so it worked out, and by Mile 3 I was good to go. I was also pretty much done, but whatever.



Not a great week, but not the worst either. Today I officially registered for my first Ragnar and Morgan is going to do it as well! I'm so excited! My friend Susie will also be there! What a fun and exhausting 48 hours or so it will be!

Have you ever done Ragnar, or something similar?

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment