Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thursday Training Update and December Goals

Recovery is mostly over and I'm back to mostly working out. How is that for vague and ridiculous?
I have started running and walking again but I haven't really gotten back into the swing with my workouts. This is a recurring issue with me so I'm guessing that no one is shocked. I know I'm not!

Last Thursday I did a Turkey Trot in Charlotte. I wasn't sure what my goals were until I ran into Robert. That's when the goal became having fun. It was a cute race with lots of fun costumes and I got to meet Robert's mom so it was an overall great day!



Friday morning my parents left to drive back to Pennsylvania and I woke up Morgan to go for a hike. I've decided to stop referring to her as the teenie since she is almost 20 and blogs about Theater. I am not at all ok with this, but that's life!



Saturday morning was the Ugly Sweater Fun Run with Fleet Feet. I met up with some ladies I used to mentor and they were walking, so I joined them and caught up on life in general. It was a perfect morning!





Sunday was pretty much a lazy day. I did some squats and crunches and planks but nothing crazy.

Monday was our last practice with GOTR, and I wanted to do my Run Streak Mile with them, which is always a good time. The hubs and I also walked the dogs. It was about 70 minutes total.



Tuesday was back to running, and the weather couldn't have been better. It was in the 60s! I set out with no goals in mind, just wanting to enjoy the run. Imagine my surprise when I ended up with negative splits and my fastest time since June!



Wednesday I walked my Run Streak Mile. No pics because walking is not exciting.

Today I did this week's long run because I am running a 5k on Saturday with GOTR. I started out like Tuesday and made my run breaks shorter to slow myself down. I am glad I did because some of the hills were crazy slippery with wet leaves!



December Goals....

60 miles
2 workouts a week that are PiYo or Core de Force
Plank every day
Make good food choices

Pretty simple... it is the Holiday Season after all!

Happy December everyone!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment