Monday, December 5, 2016

Stop the Presses! New Heavy Medals from #runrocknroll for 2017

If, like me, you are addicted to the Rock n Roll races series, you know about the Heavy Medal program that they have for repeat offenders....um....racers.
If not, allow me to explain!
When you run more than one half or full marathon in a calendar year, you get some bonus bling. Same goes for your third....fourth....fifth... They even have one if you run 10 of their events in one year! I have a few, mostly for running two or three events in a year. Here are two of the medals from past years for running two events in a year....





If you run two races in one weekend they also have Remix Medals that you receive after the last race of the weekend....



It's the same style for each race in a calendar year, but they change up the color and the details to make them each unique.

Today, Rock n Roll released the pics of the new Heavy Medals for 2017! You can check them out here:
http://www.runrocknroll.com/medals/?section=heavy-medals

Now, don't forget that if you are registered for multiple events in 2017, you need to go back to the link above and register so that they can send you the medals. I believe you can pick up the medals at the race after you've completed 4, but the first 2 are mailed to you, so as long as you are registered there is nothing else you have to do.
I am still deciding on which events to run in 2017, but I'm hoping to do at least 3, and I'm crossing my fingers that I will be part of Rock n Blog once again. It was a huge Joy to participate in 2016 and I made some great new friends and visited some new cities. I hope to revisit Raleigh and also try some new events. Only time will tell!

Which city....or cities... do you hope to race in next year?

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the world rocker might be mine next year. I am hoping to get to Canada and Tom and I are talking about going to Ireland for vacation and he said he would be ok with going in August so I can do Dublin :) Plus Raleigh of course and Brooklyn. 2018 I should be headed to Vegas again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome! Ireland is on my bucket list for sure!

      Delete