Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Live Pink!

For those of you who have been with me form the start, it is no surprise that I am a huge fundraiser for Susan G Komen. I ran the Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon as a fundraiser and raised over $2300 for Komen. I have done the 3 Day for the Cure (2010, I raised over $3000) and raised money last year  but couldn't walk (I raised $5000 last year).
I have made an other commitment to run Rock n Roll USA in Washington DC in March, once again to fundraise for Komen. I will host a virtual race and a BINGO night to raise the money.
Breast Cancer is a huge force in our daily lives. Everyone can say that they know someone who fought, is fighting, or lost the battle. The year that I did the 3 Day I knew 2 women who fought and lost. I know women who are still fighting today.
I run for those who can't. I run for those who might not be able to run in the future. I run so that someday there is a cure.
I am thrilled to find that FitApproach has teamed with Self Magazine to bring awareness. One of my favorite things about their Ambassador program is that they use the color Pink. Half of my wardrobe is pink, even my GIANTS caps are pink, in support of Breast Cancer Research.
What are you doing this month to show support?

I couldn't resist adding my current Facebook Cover photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment