Thursday, October 4, 2012

Countdown to Staten Island!



3 days until Staten Island!
I am so excited to run my 2nd out of 3 Halfs to earn my Half Fanatic status! You need to run 3 within 90 days, but I will be running 3 within 36 days! WOW!!
Rain is in the forecast for Sunday, but I am hoping that it is late rain!

Yesterday I continued my quest to strength train by doing Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength DVD. It is 67 minutes long, and uses light weights. No prob, right? I started up with 5s, ended up with 3s, and wished for 1s by the time I was through. It was rough! I felt like a boss afterwards though, and it satisfied the requirements for my 2 Upper Boddy Challenges that I joined!

Today I had a run planned, but the humidity is so insane that I decided to do Zumba. Morgan wanted to join me, yay! We set up the DVD player.....but kept getting an error message. We tried several DVDs, but none worked! The darn DVD player broke! Just my luck, since I just quit the gym! Wii to the rescue! We did just over 40 minutes of Zumba on the Wii, and I used the maraca weights from my Zumba DVD set. FUN! AND I can make up the run on Saturday when I run the Shark Race 5K in neighboring Bay Head. I love when I can ride my bike to a race!

I just joined a new challenge, because I just cannot get enough of challenges, and went with the upper body theme. Check out One Hundred Push Ups facebook page. I am determined to finish this one! I have always wanted to be able to do full form push ups, and this will get me there! I even bought the iPhone app for $1.99, something I rarely do. I am all about the free apps! I managed 7 push ups in the fitness test, and day 1 has me doing 25 today, in increments of 4-6 at a time.

How many full form push ups can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment