Friday, September 20, 2019

NYRR Virtual Racing Turkey Trot 5K


I am running the NYRR Virtual Turkey Trot 5k as part of being a BibRave Pro (Ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.




If you follow my blog, you may have read my post the other day about the NYRR Halfway There 131. Virtual Race. I have also registered for their NYRR Virtual Turkey Trot 5k!  I seriously love Turkey Trots! I have done one every year for quite awhile now, and have finally found the perfect one. It takes place in a neighborhood not far from mine, two miles, to be exact! 
Why do I love to Turkey Trot? It gives me a little less guilt when I eat all.the.food. at Thanksgiving dinner....



this year's turkey will come from Midwood


Plus, Santa was at the Trot last year, I saw some great friends, and they were already decoarted for Christmas. Perfection.








So. How do you join me on this FREE adventure?

1. Register for a FREE Strava account, if you don't already have one. You can do this at the same time that you
2. Register for the FREE race here
3. Join the Facebook group for the event
4. and the NYRR Strava Club and the Challenge Page
5. After your run, make sure that your watch or Strava app says 3.1 before you stop it. (If your Garmin is finicky like mine, maybe 3.2) and edit your Strava activity so it counts as a race. (Seriously, y'all, I did a ten miler some weeks back and when it synced to Strava it said 9.99 miles) and the run must be an actual road run, treadmill runs and manual entries won't count. Make sure you upload that run by December 4th and  your privacy settings are marked to "everyone" in order for it to count. You cab run your race anywhere between November 23rd and December 1st!
6. Save the Strava badge that you will earn, and share the heck out of it, using #NYRRVirtualRacing

When will you run your NYRR Virtual Turkey Trot 5k?





No comments:

Post a Comment