Monday, September 23, 2019

Berlin Marathon Training Update

As I sit here, the washing machine is going so that I can pack today and I’m waiting for
the clock to say 8:50 so that I can leave for the bank to pick up Euros for my trip to Germany. I leave on Wednesday morning and I’m so excited and also a little terrified. I’m ready for this, and cannot wait to see this amazing city!

Last week’s workouts:
Monday I did some upper body. I have the upper body of a newborn and I really should do this more often! I watched the Iron Cowboy while I did it, and if you haven’t seen it, get on over to Netflix and watch it!


Tuesday I ran three miles in the morning and another 2.4 that night!



Wednesday I taught yoga and then went to see Brittany Runs a Marathon. I also really suggest this movie, whether you run or not. It’s ana amazing look into the life of someone who doesn’t fit the norm of what an athlete looks like. You know, like me!

Thursday I slept in, did some upper body strength and then ran that night. 





Friday was a rest day. I ran some errands, which included getting my nails done for Berlin!


Saturday was long run day. Since I’m tapering, it was only 10 miles. It was a glorious day for a run, followed by a camping trip to watch the Clemson game. Overall, a perfect weekend. Since I only did 10, my legs weren’t really tired! 













What was your favorite workout this week?
Have you ever been to Europe? Were you nervous about your first trip there?







1 comment:

  1. I wasn't nervous per say about going to Ireland but I was worried about the driving which was crazy and the time difference before the race. Good Luck and have a great time! I cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete