Thursday, September 26, 2019

Day 1 in Berlin

Wow! After a crazy day of traveling, we are finally in Berlin! We left at 11:30 Wednesday morning and arrived in Berlin at 8:30 Thursday morning, Berlin time, which is 2:30 am EST. I didn’t sleep much on the plane and then we were running around Berlin, stalking the start/finish area, and hitting the expo. We walked over ten miles today! I have tons of pics, and I will pick some to basically just dump below. I am enjoying Berlin so far! There are so many people walking and cycling, and they ha have bicycle lanes everywhere!
The expo seemed kind of crazy at first, but they had everything under control and printed your bib while you waited. I only had to wait behind one person for my bib and two people to buy my tee. So fast! I got a free poster as well. I will post those pics with my Flat Mama tomorrow.
WiFi is non existent, which is hard for me! There are places with free WiFi but in between, my phone is basically a camera. I’m mostly ok with this!
I am here with Marathon Tours and they are doing an excellent job so far. We all got buffs and tonight we had a cocktail party which was basically a dinner party. We ate our fill easily and then stopped at Starbucks on the way back.
It’s time for early bed, so here are those pics, in no particular order....


























No comments:

Post a Comment