Monday, August 5, 2019

Training Update

This week I am back into the swing of things, recovering from the wedding and the week following it! I’m trying to get back into a groove, and mostly failing, but I’m trying!

Monday I taught yoga at the pool. It was a decent  day for it, which I loved, and I even walked here and back. An entire half mile round trip!


Tuesday I coached twice. 
The half marathon program had a track workout on the schedule, so we did 400s. I was aiming for three miles total but my runner wanted four, so that’s what we did. 


The 5k program season ended the week after the wedding, and Tuesday was the official 5k Run. We chose a pub run at the Carolina Beer Temple. It was really hot and miserably humid, but everyone finished! Nice job ladies!


Wednesday I taught yoga, and then ran a million errands. It may have involved some Panera and some mall walking. 




Thursday was hill repeats. I had two ladies from my group join me that day and they crushed those hills. They ran all the way up every one, and that doesn’t always happen for my group since they are usually beginner runners!


Friday was a rest day. A girl had to rest up for he long run after all.
Saturday I was planning on 14. My calf had been tweaky all week but I was determined, even if there was lots of walking involved. I woke up nauseous, and humidity was at 100%. My runners were doing 6 but wanted to walk the final mile, which was fine with me. My friend Toni met up with me for the back 8, which instantly became 6, and then 4. I ended up with 10.3 and I’m fine with that. I will attempt 14 again this weekend and the weekend after that is Ragnar, which means trail miles. 15 of them. Plus all of the walking  around in between.  
Anyway. 10.3 miles on Saturday, 5 I ran and 5 I walked.




Sunday was a rest day. I trimmed some bushes and went to the movies with the hubs. Overall an amazing day!


What was your favorite workout this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment