Wednesday, August 28, 2019

3 Reasons Why You Should be Wearing Sawyer Susncreen

I received Sawyer Stay Put Sunscreen as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador)
Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews!


Summer is long here in the South. It starts in April, after a brief and very fake Spring and ends sometime in November.
Seriously.
When you are as pale as I am, protecting yourself from the sun is a full time job. If I walk to the mailbox, I burn. Ok, maybe not. But when I walk around the strip mall near my house, I totally have to worry. 
Everyone she be worrying, to be honest. More and more, you hear about someone dying from skin cancer. A childhood friend of mine dies before his 40th birthday, leaving behind a wife and kids. This is no joke, y'all.


So let's count some reasons why you should bed wearing sunscreen!

1. Obviously, to prevent getting skin cancer. Even on a cloudy day, those rays can harm you. On a cloudy day, you are less likely to get those telltale signs that you have had enough! You get home that night and realize that the damage has already happened!



2. Essential skin proteins are protected by sunscreen, making your skin healthier in the long run. Did you know that repeated sunburns make your skin more susceptible to bruising? I didn't! 


3. Sunburn sucks! I once forgot to apply it to my legs during a kayaking trip. I have a sit on top kayak. My legs were so badly burned that I couldn't stand up. The pressure was immense! I had to skip my kids' field day that year because I couldn't bear to stand or even walk for long periods of time. 



I'm sure there are a million more reasons why, but let's move on. 
You should be using sunscreen any time you are out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, especially between around 10 and 3. You aren't done there, and this is where I make the most common mistake. Reapplying. I always forget! Every two hours, you should be reapplying your sunscreen. 
Keep it handy, so that you don't forget it at home! I have a bottle in my beach/pool bag and another in my running bag. This way they are never left behind!



Why do I love Sawyer Sunscreen? It has a light and fresh scent, it is NOT greasy (woohoo!) and it works great on my sensitive skin! I break out very easily and I have had no breakouts from this sunscreen! It is SPF 30, and you can use it on your face! Apply it about 20 minutes before your run and it will stay put! It is also made to work hand in hand with their bug repellent, which my hubs uses when he goes dirt biking. 

Have you ever gotten a horrible sunburn?



No comments:

Post a Comment