Monday, December 10, 2018

Training Update and the Kiawah Half Marathon

I started last week with such good intentions, y'all, but that's always how it goes, isn't it?

Monday I took a rest day. I don't remember why, although I think it involved grocery shopping. I was so tired from The Running Event, I don't think I was fully recovered.



Tuesday I got up and ran 5k. I took a hilly route, and it was a really glorious day! It was my first run in Altras, and the whole zero drop thing kind of threw me. It was a big adjustment!



Wednesday I was going to do some cardio but my ankle felt tweaky so I just stuck with my usual Self Care Wednesday. It starts with teaching yoga...



Then I have breakfast at Panera, their steel cut oatmeal is ah-mazing. Then I go to the matinee, and Wednesday is throw back day. Last week I saw Miracle on 34th Street. Oh my heck.

Thursday I decided to stick with yoga since I had a half marathon on Saturday. The ankle felt ok, but with my PF still bothering me, it felt wise.



Friday we drove to Kiawah, went through the teeny tiny expo in record time, dropped our bags at our Villa, and headed for the beach.



We walked a couple miles on the beach. It was glorious. We stay within walking distance from both the beach and the race. I adore it.





We had dinner with peeps from my running club and then turned in early for race day!



Last year, when I ran this race, I ended up with a strained tendon in my foot, an injury brought on slowly from running too soon after the Chicago Marathon. I was determined to get redemption this year.



The race is flat and the scenery is amazing, and I loved every minute.



I knew that it would not be the race I wanted, since I was struggling with plantar fasciitis, but I managed to get past mile 11 without full on walking.



I finished about 10 minutes faster than last year, and I felt amazing afterwards. A huge victory!



Of course I am already registered for 2019. If you register during race weekend, it is reduced significantly, so I got in for $42! We also booked our condo again for next year, so that's taken care of!



Sunday we drove back and I rested my foot all day. Today I feel amazing, just a little soreness in my thighs. I may do some yoga, but I haven't decided yet!



What was your favorite work out last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment