Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Run For Michael....not so Wordless Wednesday

Who do you run for?
I have run for Cancer survivors, Treatment Centers, and many who have lost the battle. Some faces I knew, some I didn't.
Wouldn't it be great, though, to have a little one in your mind every time you laced up?
That is where I Run for Michael comes in. This amazing organization was started by Tim Boyle, who started running for his friend Michael, someone who wanted to run, but couldn't. This sparked an idea to match people with kids who would love to run in races, but cannot.
With the help of some friends, he started the Facebook page and then the website, where you can go to register to be matched, or to register your special needs child so that they can be matched with a runner.

So, check them out! In true Wordless Wednesday fashion:
picture borrowed from their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment