Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Runtastic

Yesterday started my training for this year's races: 13 Half Marathons in 2013!
My first official race is Rock n Roll USA, on March 16, and I am very excited for this one! I can't wait to run through the streets of Washington DC, and earn this:
But, I digress!
I started using the Runtastic app with my training, instead of my gps watch, for the short runs. I might use it for the races as well, and here is why!

  • It recognizes the playlists on my iPhone
  • It posts to Facebook, Twitter, etc. after the run, so I can brag about how fabulous I am!
  • I can enable live posting: It posts to Facebook that I have started a run
  • OK, here is the best part. Seriously. I am still giggling about this. If someone (like my friend Monica I) clicks "like" on Facebook, the music quiets down (in real time) and a deep voice growls "I like it".
  • I am sure there are more awesome features, (like being able to friend people at their website) but I am not sure what they all are!
Seriously, there I was, mile 2, knee ached a bit, shirt rubbing my arm wrong and irritating me, and the voice says "I like it". I literally laughed out loud. Like a loon. Good thing no one was around, because I probably looked insane.
It's the free version, too. I am going to buy the PRO version, I am just being lazy right now. I have a few bonus features from the 13 in 13 group, thanks to Runtastic being some awesome, but I might go for the whole enchilada. All because of that voice.
It's the little things, after all!

What's your favorite running app?

6 comments:

  1. LOL...I LOVE Runtastic, too! It sounds like you already have the PRO version though. I don't think you get to be cheered on with the freebie. Hmm...did you enter a code and all that good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a code that gave me a few features, but not all!

      Delete
  2. I know the apps are fun but you have to be careful because the gps in the phone is not as accurate as your garmin. So I would wear the garmin along with the app :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too true, I have run with both, and the runtastic app had me at almost .25 more! Funny tho, I got an email from a Challenge I am doing that said it was free for the iPhone today, so I got the PRO version FREE! The droid version is on sale today as well, although not free! Woot!

      Delete
  3. I use Nike+ but I have heard great things about runtastic. But I can't believe that you are going to be running 13 Half Marathons! You are crazy awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Crazy maybe, not so sure about the awesome, but thanks!

      Delete