Sunday, July 25, 2021

Pelofondo Day 1



Yesterday was the start of Pelofondo, a wonderfully crazy weekend where Peloton users everywhere set insane mileage goals and wear themselves out achieving them! This is my 3rd Pelofondo since getting my Peloton. I missed one because it was on a race weekend, I believe. They take place every three months. 

My first weekend, I did 35 miles and thought I might die.

My second weekend, I did 50 miles and thought I might die.

My goal for this weekend is 80 miles, abs I’m pretty sure I’ll live, but my butt might die.

I joined the Miles, Muscles, and Motivation team, a Facebook group I belong to and adore. The moderators make Quests for us. Predetermined stacks of rides, runs, or strength with a central theme. They put together a few Quests just for Pelofondo. 

The first Quest was Haleakala, which I climbed back in May. I made it through two rides and part of the 3rd before my knees started to really ache. I decided to bail and do a few easier rides instead, getting me to 40 miles for the morning. 


After some Brunch with the hubs and some Hallmark movie watching, I went back upstairs at 6 and did the Happy Hour Quest. My goal was to have 60 total miles by the time I was done.


Nailed it! I celebrated with a Pina Colada and a hot bath!


The I prepped my outfit for tonight….


Tonight’s Quest has a Christmas in July theme. We are doing Holiday rides from past years. One of them will be my 500th ride! How crazy, that in just over a year, I’ve completed 500 rides! 
I love this community, it has helped me to do hard things when my knees wouldn’t let me run! 
Stay tuned tomorrow for Medal Monday and a recap of tonight’s rides! 
Yes! There is a Pelofondo medal. I preordered it, and it’s waiting to be earned!




No comments:

Post a Comment