Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Heading down the Tobacco Road in 2019

I received free entry to the Tobacco Road Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!



When you run with a running club, there are certain races that get talked about more than others! Tobacco Road is definitely one of them.

Why? It's pretty simple. When you live in the Carolinas, most of your runs are pretty hilly. Especially in the Charlotte area!
Tobacco Road is known for being fast, flat, and fun.



You run 8 miles on the ATT. That's the American Tobacco Trail.
It's a Boston Qualifier.
There are very few hills and the finish is downhill. Down.hill. yessssss.
Minimal turns on paved roads and very little traffic on the course. This is huge, y'all.
USATF certified course.

Now let's talk about the best part...
I get to run with this girl...




Ok, let's be honest. We will start together, but her speedy quick feet will be way too fast for me. She will be running her first marathon at Tobacco Road, so I will also be making all.the.signs. for the hubs and I to hold up at the finish. I'm sure I won't have to wait long for her to arrive.
We don't get to attend the same races that often, and when we do, she always waits and takes finisher photos for me. I love that I finally get to reciprocate.

I won't actually be training for Tobacco Road, however. I will be running my first 50k two months later and this will be part of my training for that.



Luckily, it's a cut back week, and I will just walk 3 miles after the race to make it 16. My training for the 50k will have me more than ready.

Will you be joining me? The next price increase is August 31, so don't wait long!
Use the discount code trmrave19 to get $20 off of your registration. That is super generous, I'm so excited to that that with all of you!

Who will I see on race day?

No comments:

Post a Comment