Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Marathon Training at Sunset Beach

Tuesday is my normal running day, usually speed work at the track, always with my pace group.

Being on vacay with the girls does not get me off the hook!



Audra was going to come with me, but she started feeling yucky at dinner last night.



When I woke up this morning and got her message, I went back to sleep for 15 minutes and almost bailed entirely. It was overcast, i don't know the area, blah blah blah



I decided to stop making excuses and get it done. I told one of my ladies that I was heading towards the beach but probably wouldn't run on it.



Yeah. Right. As if this Jersey Shore girl would get that close without actually running on the beach.



Our house is less than half a mile to the beach, so the original plan was to see the beach, run along it on the roadway, and then double back. As soon as I saw that ocean I knew I was running along it. New plan!



Run a mile on the beach and double back, 3 miles total.



All of a sudden, though, I'm at mile 2 and hadn't turned back yet. My calves were also starting to ache a little!



Ok, time to turn back! I decided to run until I hit 3 miles and walk back, which ended up being just over a mile.



I'm spending the rest of my day relaxing now! Today is the last day!

Have you ever run in the sand?

No comments:

Post a Comment