Saturday, June 9, 2018

Coaching Run Walkers with Brilliant Reflective

I received Brilliant Reflective Strips for the purposes of this review as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.



Last week, while I was in Colorado, our Summer/Fall running season began. I hate missing the first week, but if I'm honest, I've missed every one since I started coaching!



I was back for Thursday's run, but I hadn't prepped my new shirt yet. I made sure to get it done yesterday, so that I was properly prepared.



First, I picked where I would place the iron on strips. You can use the stick on ones as well, but the iron ons will last way longer.



I always place a towel or protective paper in between the iron and the iron on. Iron for about a minute, and then peel the protective plastic away.



Then you iron it again (with paper in between again) for another minute, and you're done!



I always check to be sure that it's firmly ironed on after I'm done. You can go back any time and iron it again.

I quickly realized that when we start longer runs and I break out my Amphipod, you will no longer be able to see my Brilliant Reflective strips!



As the coach, it is so important to be able to be seen by cars when we run before the sun comes up. Most of my runners are new to running, and they don't have all of the necessary gear. It's up to me to make sure we can be seen.



For this, I broke out the stick on strips. I wasn't sure the iron ons were a good choice since the material is mesh.



So.much.better.

Now we will all be seen whether I am wearing my Amphipod or not.



I take my coaching duties very seriously, and my runners' safety is my top priority. We run in the dark twice a week, on open roads that don't always have a sidewalk. It's so important to be seen by approaching cars. We follow all the rules of the road at all times, but we have had cars run through stop signs, and last month one of the runners in another pace group was struck by a car!
Luckily she was okay, but we don't want to worry about that ever again!



I've put some of the stick on strips on my kicks as well.



When I was injured, I rode my bike to coach, so of course the stick on strips went right into the bike!



Thank you, Brilliant Reflective, for making it so easy to be seen and be safe!
Head over to the store and use the code BIBRAVE18 for a great BOGO deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment