Thursday, May 31, 2018

Pre Triathlon Training with Coros Pace Watch

I received a Coros Pace Watch as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.



One of the fears I'll be facing in 2018 is my first triathlon. I'm super wary of open water so I chose a beginner's sprint triathlon called the Ramblin Rose. It had a pool swim instead of open water, although I hear it can be pretty rough!
When I was given the chance to try out a brand new multi sport watch, I leaped on the chance to try it out!



My first test run was the Girls on the Run 5k. I might have forgotten to switch the watch from kilometers to miles, so that was one interesting run! The watch band is super comfy, and once I got past the fact that the start button position varies from my former watch, it was super easy to use!



Next I wanted to try the pool swim feature. I put in the wrong measurement for the pool (I really do suck at life sometimes) but it was still fun to swim with a watch instead of checking the clock and counting my laps!



I also sort of checked out the cycling feature. My bike had a flat and I ended up on the trail instead. Training hasn't officially started yet so I totally bailed!



I've been using the watch for about a month now and I'm totally in love!
Let's talk about some of the features!

It has a built in heart rate monitor so you don't have to wear a heart monitor strap. This is huge for runners who train by heart rate! I used a strap a few times and it chafed like crazy. Yuck! You can also adjust your reserve and max heart rate, but I'm not that cool so I left it as it was.



After your run, you can check out your data. This watch syncs crazy fast all on its own. I've never had to play around with my bluetooth to get it to sync. Winning!

The battery also lasts crazy long. Crazy. Long. I've charged it twice in a month. Twice, y'all. I'm using it 4 and 5 times a week. It lasts 25 hours in GPS mode and 30 days in standard mode. I have notifications turned off but that heart rate function is on all the time. I'm seriously dying over this.



The elevation readings are super insane. The Pace features a barometric altimeter so it uses barometric pressure to determine your elevation. What? That's crazy!



Pace uses GPS, GLONASS, and BDS satellites to locate your position and adjust your altitude no matter where you are. I've had no problem getting a signal, even on Crowder's Mountain!



For the runners out there, the data you get after your run includes cadence, stride length, pace, strike rate, and SWOLF, so you can figure out where you need improvement, and where you are rocking your run. All of this terrifies me, I like to think I'm perfection on the road. Seriously. How is this not perfection?



But if I were to decide that I needed improvement, all of the data I need would be right there for me to analyze!

You can get your watch in 3 colors... the beautiful red and black, black and grey, or blue and black.



I know there is so much info I'm leaving out, I plan on writing another post about it once the next update comes out. More amazing things are to come from this company!

What's the mot important feature you look for in a training watch?

2 comments:

  1. I love the battery life and the elevation profiles! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I just ran Revel Rockies and the elevation feature was amazing!

      Delete