Sunday, May 20, 2018

Race Volunteering with Buff #livemorenow

I received Buff products as part of being a BibRave Pro. (Ambassador) Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews!

As a runner who loves to race, it's hard to imagine going to one and not... well... racing. No starting line? No camaraderie? No finish? No....gasp... bling?

Awhile back I was registered to run RnR NOLA, but I was injured and couldn't run. A friend suggested I volunteer with her running club at a water stop and I had so much fun! I knew i would have to do it again someday!

Since my running club is in the off season, my Saturdays are free, so I volunteered at a local Trail Half Marathon, the Swampy Pond. This year it was dubbed Train Wreck....



That's not what you were expecting, was it? A train derailed and some debris actually fell onto the Greenway where the race was being held. They came up with a quick plan, and the race went off with a modified course.



We ended up being the only water stop on the loop, so we were pretty busy. There was an 8k and a half marathon, and they shared the same course. The half marathoners ran a small separate loop and then ran the 8k loop twice.



Volunteering is hard, y'all. There were 4 of us and sometimes we couldn't keep up. We had cups of water and also larger bottles to refill their water bottles and their hydration packs.



That's where Buff came in. My Buff with insect shield and UV protection kept my scalp from getting burned and kept the bugs out of my face. We were out in direct sunlight, in the woods, and it was swampy. My Buff was a life saver!
Thanks to my Buff, I could make sure this gal...



...was hydrated enough to win the whole thing! She was a rock star!

It was such a rewarding morning, thanks to Buff for helping me to Live More Now, while I helped those runners to Live More Now!

Have you ever volunteered at a race?

No comments:

Post a Comment