Saturday, April 28, 2018

Facing My Fears 2018 Ziplining Edition

Way back in January I decided to do something that scared me each month. For January I basically made the list...



February I went Line Dancing Alone
March I took an Arial Yoga Class
April I decided to go ziplining. I can't even explain 100% why I was afraid of it. I am not afraid of heights, or falling off the line. I think it's the lack of control that I am not a fan of.

So I signed up at a place called Camp Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour in Rock Hill, SC. I signed up for the Bootleg Tour, which was 5 zips.

But first I had to survive the one car bridge....





Ok, so far so good. I arrived 30 minutes early as instructed and found out I was the only one signed up! Private tour!



First we all climbed the tower. All... being me and my 3 tour guides. Well, first we actually practiced on a line about 6 feet off the ground. Then we climbed the tower.



The tower was roughly 70 feet tall. Your first zip is from the top of the tower to the Eagle's Nest. For real, it looked like the mast from a pirate ship. And it swayed. A lot. I might have freaked out a little. Maybe a lot.

Those guys were so patient. They talked to me about how safe it was, and how fun it would be, and how this was the worst one, it got lower and easier from there.

Okay.

I can do this. I have to do this. I put it all over Facebook and Instagram and my blog. I suddenly felt very calm and just went.

It.was.amazing.

Once I left the platform, I was fine. Being on the Eagle's Nest was a little freaky, especially when the two other guys came over, because it swayed. A lot. Have I mentioned that yet? Once I was there, I had no choice but to keep going. There was no other way down.



It really was the hardest zip, they were right. The next zip took us across the Catawba River, and you couldn't see the other platform from the Eagle's Nest, but you could see it from about halfway, so it wasn't stressful at all. The Camp was so beautiful, I just soaked it all in.



The next few zips took us back to the other side of the river and to the final platform before a ground landing. This was not elegant for me. I pretty much sucked, but it was still awesome.





It was perfection. Oh, and they took pics and the pics were free! What? So awesome! I can't wait to go back and do the full course. It has 9 zips, plus some challenge elements. It involves a little walking, I believe, and you cross the Catawba River 6 times. Crossing the river was my favorite part!

Have you ever gone ziplining?

Next month is Karate lessons. I am hoping I don't suck, and that I don't get yelled at. Seriously. This is what I'm expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment