Saturday, April 14, 2018

Charlotte Racefest 10k Recap

Today was my first race back after my strained tendon, so I was definitely a little nervous. Racefest is a very hilly race, which is rough on my foot, so I decided to be super careful and not push too hard!



I picked up my bib at Dick's Sporting Goods on Friday and prepped my flat mama and my gear.





My running club was meeting up before the race for a group photo. First, I had a great surprise waiting for me!



Christie, who ran with my group last year, and is a dear friend, was waiting at the meetup! She moved to Myrtle Beach in the Fall, so it was a huge surprise!



We lined up after the group photo and did some dynamic stretching. Of course , while we waited, we had a few more photo opps...





The race began and my little group stuck to our intervals throughout. The course is beautiful, but hilly, and it was warm and humid at the start. It definitely effected our pace, and we took extra walk breaks when we needed to.



The half marathon had a time limit, so the entourage was behind us by mile 3. We ignored them and continued on our merry way, sticking to a comfy pace.



We had a nice surprise at mile 5.5 or so, Christie was waiting with Twizzlers and a fun sign, exactly what we needed after the last big hill kicked our butts.



We finished strong, and collected our bling and our food. Zoe's Kitchen really hooked us up!





I'm so proud of Elizabeth and Akila, they worked really hard all season and pushed through on the hills and in the crazy humidity! I look forward to the new season and Marine Corps Marathon Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment