Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thursday Training Update

What a crazy week! In getting my groove back slowly, and really taking some time to decide how I feel about my choices going forward. I'm definitely changing the way I feel about my body and how hard I am on myself about it. I'm being kinder to myself, something that does not come easy! While I am still trying to improve the way I fuel my body, I'm going to focus more on getting strong.
This all came about after I saw someone at a party, and they asked me if I had lost weight. I hadn't, and then I was sad that I hadn't, and it soured my mood all night. I woke up the next morning determined not to let it change my mood ever again!

Let's get down to the workouts, from where I left off last week!

Thursday morning I showed up to coach on my bike, but discovered the tire was flat. Crap! I got up at 4:30 am for nothing. Ugh! I went back home, took a nap, and then went for a 4 mile hike.



I also went and got fitted for new kicks, because my first day back at running was fast approaching!



Friday, I overslept. I planned to take a Body Pump class but ended taking Body Combat. Basically, Tae Bo. It was a lot of fun but also very difficult!



Saturday morning was my last day on the bike! 90 minute ride plus a 40 minute walk! My running club did a preview run for our upcoming goal race!



Sunday, the hubs and I took Memphis for a walk. We always try to do something active on Easter, and this year we went with a dog walk. A little over 3 miles.



Monday, my 45th birthday, I finally got to Body Pump. Ouchie! That class kicked my ass. I'm going twice next week!



Tuesday was my first run after 6 weeks off! 3 easy miles, no pain, feeling great!



Wednesday, tired legs for sure. My body is confused! We decided to hike a trail on the school property for Girls on the Run, and I did my PT exercises. My head coach also brought me a treat....



Such a great week! What was your favorite workout last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment