Saturday, January 6, 2018

Spectating the Disney Half Marathon

Spectating is hard work y'all! I am in awe of all the family members who do this all the time! You're all rock stars!
Since I'm sidelined for the Disney Marathon weekend, and my daughter was registered for the half, I decided to spectate so that I could cheer her on as well as my other friends running this Weekend.



First I hopped a bus from POP to EPCOT. I waited for the 4 o'clock bus so that most of the runners had already left. Or so I thought. A ton of runners waited until the last minute!



Once I arrived at EPCOT I had to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, which was a lovely ride with only one train change.



We got into MK at about 5:30, just as the races were starting. I went to the bathroom and then got myself some prime real estate right on Main Street.



We got to see the hand cyclists whiz by, and then my fast friends went by. I knew that Morgan would be way behind them because she was in the last corral.
I went into the Emporium and then hit up Casey's for hot cocoa and a muffin.



Soon I got the notification that Morgan hit the 5k, just 2 miles outside of MK. I went to get my spot in front of Casey's secured and waited for her to zip by.



I may have also seen Santa!



After running to the other side of the castle to say hello again, I zipped out of the park to hit the monorail again. She asked me to meet her at the Polynesian, so off I went. After rushing like a maniac, I made it just in time. She was struggling with her breathing (she had a bad cold during Christmas and still hasn't recovered) and the cold weather was making her miserable.

She pushed on though, and made her way to EPCOT. I was taking the monorail with one exchange, and waiting for security checks. I made it with 30 minutes to spare!





She finished her race and was ready to head immediately back to the hotel, she was starving!



Tomorrow we will spectate the marathon and we brought pretzels and twizzlers to hand out.

Will I see you out there?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Morgan and sorry about your injury. :( I'm sure you'll see us tomorrow, lol, and we'll keep an eye out for you! Look for a Pooh and a Tigger, haha.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete