Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy 6th Blogiversary to Me!



6 years ago I started this blog, not knowing that the journey would be such an amazing adventure! It began as a way to hold myself accountable. I was starting a couch to 5k program and I wanted to report to... someone...anyone.
That 5k led to half marathons which led to marathons which led me to.... all of you!

Let's look at the numbers, just for kicks and giggles!

2 mile run runs: 3
Color Runs: 3
Mud Runs: 9
5k races, trail and road: 89!
4 milers: 4
5 milers: 17
10k races: 10
11k races: 1
15k races: 6
10 milers: 2
Duathlon: 1
Half marathons: 56 (the count is off somehow, I thought it was 57!)
Ragnars: 1
Full marathons: 4

Age group wins (top 3)... 3

Wow!

Today I would normally have gone out and run 6 miles in honor of the occasion, but I'm still not cleared to run.
I did have my first day of therapy today.



My therapist says that it's a classic overuse injury. Running so soon after Chicago set it in motion and it finally became too much at Kiaweh.



It's all good, though. He was impressed with my flexibility and that I actually stopped running like I was told to. I passed all of his "does this hurt" tests! Woohoo!



Plan of action? Lots of strength training! 3 days a week of strength exercises for every muscle from my butt to my feet, plus 2 days a week or box jumps for the next 2 weeks. I can start running when my running season starts on January 16th!



That's also when Ragnar and 50k training starts! Bonus! I am going to be ready to go!
What a great way to spend my Blogiversary!

Have you ever had to do therapy for a sports injury?

No comments:

Post a Comment