Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Rock n Roll New Orleans, Mardi Gras Style

I was given an entry into the Rock n Roll New Orleans half marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews!




New Orleans has always been a bucket list race for me. The hubs took me and the kids there a few years back, and we had a great time. My son wasn't a total fan, he was too young, so we had to change our plans up a bit. I would love to go back and explore again, without worrying about what my kids will be worried about. Make sense? Yikes!

I also tried running while I was there, but I didn't know the area and didn't want to run alone!

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the Rock n Roll Race series. I was a Rock n Blogger before I hooked up with Bib Rave, and I was running their races even before that!



It's a great way to run with friends, or meet up with new friends from around the country!



The Expo is insane, and the swag is always amazing!



I've had so much fun at each and every one, and always look forward to the next event!

Race day fits really well into my training schedule for my first 50k, so it's a total win win.

I've been giving a lot of thought into what I will wear. Until I know the weather, I won't be able to choose my running skirt (obviously Skirt Sports, but which one? I sense a vote in the future!) And of course I will sport my BibRave shirt. How to make my outfit more New Orleans appropriate?



I ordered this amazing mask from Amazon today. I haven't booked a flight or made hotel reservations, but I have this mask on its way! I made sure to get one that wasn't too expensive, so that if I get annoyed I can chuck it without reservation.

Any other suggestions?

Have you ever run New Orleans?

2 comments:

  1. I went to NoLa once and other than seeing a friend who lives there I was not impressed. I did run one morning but just around the area where our hotel was. Over by the armory. RnR was actually happening the day we were leaving and I was kind of bummed I was not going to be there for it.

    Side note....awwwe to the pic of us <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really liked all of the jazz music, I could do without the smell, but I'm willing to look past it lol

      Delete