Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday Training Update and the Mount Dora Half Marathon

I'm so excited y'all!

* I received entry into the Mount Dora Half Marathon as part of being a Bib Rave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews*

I just found out last night that I'll be traveling to Mount Dora, Florida in December to run their Half Marathon. It's the week before Christmas and I'm going to try and turn my orange BibRave tee into some sort of Christmas themed costume! Any ideas?
The race winds around Mount Dora and their two lakes, so I'm really looking forward to the scenery.



PLUS
I'm already training for Goofy, so the race fits right in to my training plans. I had to tweak it a little bit, but it's totally doable!

Let's get down to last week's workouts.

Thursday I ran 4 hilly miles with the Speed Demons. These were legit hill repeats and I just about died.



Friday I mostly recovered from doing hills 2 days in a row. I walked for about an hour, but that's it. I also packed for my weekend in Myrtle Beach since we were leaving right after Saturday's training run.



Saturday I ran with the Speed Demons, but I cut it down to 6 miles on the Greenway since I had the half on Sunday. Great training for Goofy weekend! We also kept it under 14 minute miles, which I will need to maintain at MCM next Fall.



Sunday, we ran the Myrtle Beach Mini. It was a beautiful course, and I would definitely run it again.



Monday was a rest day. I did 30 minutes or yoga with Adriene and a little over an hour of walking.



Tuesday was a track day. My legs were still tired from Sunday so we just stuck to a 2:1 run walk, keeping it under 14 minute miles!



Wednesday I totally planned to run a few miles, but it was cold and I stayed snuggled in bed with the hubs instead. I volunteered at the book store and walked for an hour instead.



All in all, not a bad week!

Have you ever run a race at Christmas time? Any costume ideas that go with an orange shirt?

2 comments: