Wednesday, October 18, 2017

That Time that Oofos Saved my Life

* I received a lovely pair of Oofos as part of being a BibRave Pro (Ambassador) check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews! *

OK, so I'm being a little dramatic, but if you saw me after the Chicago Marathon you would agree that it was pretty close!

mile 3 and still smiling

If you read my recap, you know that I suffered a lot during the last half of the marathon. A blister is such a little thing, but it can be really painful and it can really mess with your race! My gait really suffered and I legit spent the last 10k walking and dreaming of my Oofos.

 finish line... that I didn't get to cross!

The hubs was tasked with 2 things at the end of race day: securing my chocolate milk and bringing my post race bag, which had a change of clothes and my Oofos....

I only drink this after long runs!

He really is the best sherpa! He also brought me a band aid so I could cover my toe until we got back to the hotel. After a bath and after I popped the blister we went for dinner. I never would have made it without the comfort and support of my Oofos!

at the Slurping Turtle

I actually felt pretty amazing! We also walked a lot the next day to keep my legs from getting too stiff and sore!

Oofos in action!

Check out my feet! I was so comfy!

If you don't have a pair yet, I highly suggest some! Plus, if you get a pair from the Project Pink Collection, $10 gets donated to Breast Cancer research! It's a win win!



Do you have any Oofos? Which style?

No comments:

Post a Comment