Friday, October 27, 2017

Boco Head Gear for Sunny Running

*I received a Boco Gear hat and visor as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.*



I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people that finds something I like and then I stick with it. I'm super brand loyal.
I wear one brand of running shoe, one brand of running skirt, and one brand of socks... well, 2 I guess, since I wear one brand of regular socks and another brand for compression socks.
A couple of years ago, I started wearing Boco trucker hats. That was pretty much my introduction to my forever hat brand!



When I was asked if I wanted to try their hat and visor for BibRave, I pretty much started fangirling!



I wear them all the time! I mean, I don't have a problem or anything... I'm not addicted....



OK, but there are worse problems to have, right? Should I not mention here that those aren't even all of the Boco hats that I have? There might be one more in my bathroom for tomorrow's run, and one more that I keep in my car for when I coach Girls on the Run. Maybe.

Anyway.

Let's talk about why I have this...um...addiction.



Trucker hats.... they have a wicking internal headband so you don't sweat into your face, the side and back are mesh, it has a flat bill, and the back has an adjustable snap closure. I wear these on runs, hikes, or because it's Tuesday. Or Thursday. Ok. Any day. This is my favorite style. I might have 3.



Run hats.... super lightweight, mesh side panels to keep your head cool, wicking sweat band so you don't go blind when the salt drips into your eyes, adjustable buckle strap in the back, machine washable. Machine. Washable. Yesssss. I wear this on swampy runs, or when it's super sunny out. You know, so I don't die. Or sweat into my eye balls, which is worse than dying. For real, y'all, running in the South is rough!



The Visor.... I think I have the most of this style. It's lightweight, it has that awesome wicking internal sweat band I mentioned before, it has a super comfy elastic back for a nice fit, curved bill, machine washable. I love the machine washable part for real, people. This is the one I grab for those hot runs in the early morning or evening, since I don't have to worry about scalp burn! I also prefer this hat on trail hikes. The sweat band is super effective, and it fits like a glove. I also grab one for coaching Girls on the Run because it goes on easy, doesn't blow off of my head on windy days (neither do the others, for that matter) and I can sling it over my arm while I juggle all of my other coaching materials.



Again, let me reiterate, I do not have a problem, or an addiction..... right? This is totally normal!

What piece of gear are you addicted to?

No comments:

Post a Comment