Friday, September 1, 2017

September Goals

I love monthly challenges. This is no secret. It's also no secret that I suck at them! I always start with gusto and then quit. Sad. But true. Several of the groups I belong to are hosting some monthly challenges, and I have committed to trying them. With the marathon approaching I am giving myself a little leeway, so I am committing to 80% participation.
Should be easy, right?
Many of them go hand in hand, which should make things a bit easier.



This first one is all me. I often get to the end of the day and wonder how nothing got done. My workday ends at 7 am, and yet I manage to get nothing done! I can play games on my iPad and watch Netflix like a boss, though.



I am about to begin my next Step Bet. For my first, I paid $20 and walked away with $29.02. I'm trying to get my own started with friends and followers but it's failing. Hopefully I will be able to start my next one soon. Luckily, the marker is erasable, so I can change the dates. Want to try it out? The link is below and the code to enter the game is Barking Mad. It's a $20 bet.

http://step.bet/s5ah/LxPS58ys5F



This one is also all me. Runners need strong legs, y'all. When it gets to the end, I might delay it until after the marathon, I have to see how my legs feel. The marathon is one week after the month ends, so it might be ok!



If I'm going to be a yoga teacher, I have to be on my game! I want to work on some yoga poses, and these are just a small portion of them. If I work on one a day (knowing it will take more than once day to master some of them, hence the 3 squares) I'll have them all mastered in no time. I can always move the ones I didn't master to a new page once all of these boxes are checked off.



These are both Coach Jenny challenges from her 2017 year long Challenge group. Trail Bingo is meant to get us outside and moving in nature. Every time I do this for at least 30 minutes I get to pick a number. I'm going to use random.org to pick my numbers each time.
Plank Power is pretty self explanatory. You start the first week with one variation and add a new one each week. Can you say abs of steel?



Presence is another Coach Jenny challenge, and this is one I'm very happy about. I'd been trying to add a mindful minute every day and I fell out of it. This will be a daily reminder to get it done. I added the increasing times myself.
The blog list is a way to help me blog every day. I am very guilty of ignoring my blog a few days a week and sometimes I'll go a whole week without blogging.



This is my August mileage. My plan calls for at least 122 miles in September so my goal is 100. I have never had a 100 mile month. Ever. I have trained for 5 marathons and yet I've never reached 100! I have come very close, though!

I have one final challenge that I haven't made a page for yet. One of my weight loss groups has challenged us to workout every day for 90 days. It can be anything, and requires at least 15 minutes. I'm shooting for 30 minutes a day, even if it's just walking in place in front of the tv on rest days!

Ok so there you have it. I'll check back in on October 1 and let you know how it went!

Are you participating in any monthly challenges in September?

No comments:

Post a Comment