Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thursday Training Update



17 more days, y'all! Holy heck! I've had an achey foot, which is a little scary this close to race day, so I took it easy last week.
Thursday was hill repeats. We did about 3.5 miles, and the first mile was a warm up. The rest pretty much killed me!



On the bright side, I chose my costume for the Disney half marathon in January...



My daughter will be going as Russell..



So fun!
Friday I stuck to yoga, to stretch out my legs.



Saturday was my final long run. I wrote about it that night, so this is not news! 20 miles done, ugly miles, but....



What a beautiful word! Now I can take it easy!

Sunday I rested. I don't think I got more than 7000 steps that day. It was glorious. I did bail on my triathlon, which I now have to reschedule, possibly for June. It's a mission now!

Monday I met up with a new running buddy for 3 easy miles that became 4.5 easy miles!



Tuesday was track day, but since I'm tapering I took it easy. I also did a little yoga.



Wednesday I just walked to get my steps!

A pretty easy week, except for that pesky long run!

Do you enjoy tapering or does it make you crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment