Thursday, April 13, 2017

Thursday Training Update with Maine Coast 26.2

***I received entry into the Maine Coast 26.2 Half Marathon as part of being a Bib Rave Pro (ambassador). Learn more about becoming a Bib Rave Pro, and check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews!****

One month from today I will be at the beautiful Maine Coast running the half marathon with my friend Shannon! I am so excited, for two very good reasons.
#1. I miss Shannon! We haven't run together since last January! Over a year!
#2. Maine is one of my happy places. It's so beautiful, and I just can't get enough of it!
I still have to book our flights but hotel reservations have been made.



Training has been going really well. I've been pushing through and trying not to make any excuses!

Thursday: Even though I was achy from 9 Round, I showed up and ran with the group. Luckily, my running partner that day wasn't feeling it either and we ran a couple and then walked it in. 3.7 miles done!



Friday I took it easy. I had a hilly half marathon planned for Saturday and I wasn't taking any chances. I wanted to have nice strong legs!

Saturday was race day. We trained all winter for this and our running club had a strong presence that morning.



It just about killed me but I finished. This was followed by a shower and then a trail hike with the hubs. Two more miles of hiking and geocaching.



Sunday We took the pups on a trail hike, 4.5 miles worth.



Monday became a rest day. I was so tired! I did walk in place for about 40 minutes to loosen everything up.

Tuesday, I speed walked 3 miles with my club in the morning and ran 3 with them that night, followed by an hour of yoga at Run For Your Life.



Wednesday I was back at 9 Round and it was burpee day. It was quiet and I'd been gone a week, so Matt really pushed me. It was a crazy sweaty workout!



What was your favorite workout this week? I think mine was that nice relaxing yoga workout!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment