Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dark Side Challenge Expo

The day started with a mimosa...



I am not a big drinker, so I asked the waitress to make sure the Mimosa was weak. She must have been celebrating opposite day, because it was the strongest drink I ever had! I couldn't even finish it... I hope this was not a sign of things to come.

When I finished breakfast, it was about 9:15 and the Expo began at 10. I was looking forward to getting in there nice and early, so that the lines weren't too long. The bus didn't pull up to the Beach Club until 9:45, this was not a good sign!
We arrived at ESPN just after 10, and I headed right for the banners.









I made a beeline for the bib pickup, which I breezed through with no problem. Then I went to the small merch area and got a shirt and some ornaments.



Time to brave the main Expo. They organized things a little differently this time, and had us walk the long way around. It was way too hot for such shenanigans.



The line to get into the Expo merch area was 25 minutes long.... and the line to pay for my pin and tee was about 10 minutes long. It was very organized, and fairly pain free!
I was back on the bus to the hotel by noon. Pics of merch and swag to come....

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments: