Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thursday Training Update with Beachbody Performance

I received Beachbody Performance System products as A BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com where you can check out races, and leave reviews.

I am so blessed to be a BibRave Pro, y'all. On top of meeting so many amazing new people, I get the chance to try out products that I wouldn't have tried on my own.
Last week I started using the Beachbody Performance System. I was hesitant at first, because the Recharge drink comes in chocolate flavor, and I don't do chocolate flavor. I'm a chocolate snob, I'm not gonna lie. I told the folks at Beachbody this, and they hooked me up!



The boy got a little too excited about that cup, especially the insert for mixing. I had to call dibs. On my own cup. Ahhhh the life of a mom.

I start the day with Energize, which is lemon flavored. Fair warning, this is a caffeinated beverage, so if you and caffeine don't get along this won't be for you. I don't drink caffeinated beverages, ever really, so I watered it down a little. I did taste it before I watered it down and it had a really nice flavor!



After I have my Energize, I mix my Hydrate drink. Unless I'm getting up at 4:30 in the morning, at which point I make both drinks the night before. Hydrate comes in Citrus, and it's a really subtle flavor that I like a lot. It's not too sugary sweet and it doesn't sit in your stomach like some sports drinks tend to do. I usually make a double batch since my runs tend to go longer than an hour.



When I get back from my run, I make my Recover drink. This is the drink that comes in chocolate but they were kind enough to send me Orange. Y'all this tastes like a Creamsicle. Oh my heck. It's a little thick, but not like a shake, and super creamy. This is great for muscle recovery and helps reduce delayed onset muscle soreness. Perfect when you run on hills. Constantly.



Right before bed I mix up some Recharge, which is vanilla flavored. It's also a little thicker than the Energize and the Hydrate. It's designed to help your body overnight to fight against muscle soreness and to double up on fighting delayed onset muscle soreness. I drink it while I read before bed.



You can check out all of their products here. There are bundles to help you save by purchasing them all together, sample packs, and individual tubs of each product as well.

Now that we've learned all about my recent drinking habits, let's move on to the workouts!

Thursday I ran 4 miles with my running group and then had some friends over that night for some yoga.





Friday was a rest day, and I rested like it was my job.

Saturday was a preview run with the group, we were checking out the course of a future half marathon. My group ran 8 miles. We ran past this cool tree twice, so I had to snap a pic.



Sunday I rested again, that was a hilly 8 miles and my legs were tired!

Monday, too. Did I mention the hills?

Tuesday was cold and rainy. Yuck. I ran 3.14 for Pi Day though, because it was necessary.



Wednesday was Girls on the Run. We ran inside, which I'm not a fan of, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Nothing too exciting this past week, I'm afraid. I will be adding an extra day this week, to start prepping for Ragnar in June!

Have you ever tried Beachbody Performance? Do you have a favorite?
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment