Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday Training Update, #RnRNashville Edition

I received an entry into Rock n Roll Nashville as a BibRave Pro, check out BibRave.com to review and check out races!



I've been trying to add in more yoga this week, and tonight is my first time hosting yoga at my house. We are going to use Yoga with Adriene on You Tube, and I'm super excited to be sharing her videos with my friends and neighbors. What a fun way to have a yoga class for free!

Ok, so let's look at last week's workouts!

Thursday: our running group did a Celebration Run. It's an easy run that precedes race day. Many of us were running Corporate Cup or Myrtle Beach. We ran 2.6 mostly flat miles. It was glorious.



Friday was a rest day. I knew that the Race was going to be super hilly and I was resting my legs.

Saturday was race day! I wrote my review already, so you might already know that I beat last year's best half marathon time. I was really surprised because this was a hilly race, and last year, my best time was at a flat race.



Sunday was a rest day. All day. My legs were so tired and my calves were weak from those hills.

Monday I walked at Girls on the Run. Nothing too crazy, I still had tired legs.

Tuesday was our group track workout. Since many of the runners were still recuperating from a race weekend, we kept it low key. I ended up completing 3.66 very easy miles, we ran 1.5, walked a mile or so, and ran the last mile.



Wednesday was International Women's Day! I did a kickboxing workout and some recovery yoga. At Girls on the Run, I did the warm-up and cool down with the girls, but no walking.



I'm starting to get excited about Nashville. We are thinking of staying an extra day so that we can see more of the city before we have to leave! Last year we left right after the Race!
Want to join me? Use the discount code BIBRAVE15 for $15 off at RunRocknRoll.com

What was your favorite workout this week?

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like training is going well! Kickboxing definitely seems like it would be fun. Closest I've come to doing that is a Jillian Michaels workout dvd. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never taken a live class, I don't think. This was a video on YouTube

      Delete